“My philosophy
like colour TV
is all there
in black and white”
Monty Python

Quotes, Aphorisms, Laws, and Thoughts
Слава Україні!

Intellect

An intellectual is a man who says a simple thing in a difficult way; an artist is a man who says a difficult thing in a simple way. 
 An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows. 
 Beauty multiplied by brains equals a constant. 
 Hitchen's Razor: What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. 
 Horse sense is what stops horses from betting on humans. 
 I'm not smart, I try to observe: millions saw the apple fall but Newton was the one who asked why. 
 Intellectuals are cynical and cynics have never built a cathedral. 
 Original thought is like original sin: both happened before you were born to people you could not have possibly met. 
 The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that carries any reward. 
 The difference between a man of intellect and an intellectual is the same as the difference between a gentleman and a gent. 
 The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. 
 The world holds two classes of men: intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence. 
اِثْنَانِ أَهْلُ الْأَرْضِ ذُو عَقْلٍ بِلَا دِينٍ وَآخَرُ دَيِّنٌ لَا عَقْلَ لَهُ
 What is a highbrow? He is a man who has found something more interesting than women.