like colour TV
is all there
in black and white”
Monty Python

Quotes, Aphorisms, Laws, and Thoughts
Слава Україні!

Morality

All art is immoral. 
 Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere. 
 Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle. 
 If you are identified by your opinions — if that is the very basis of yourself — how can you change your mind? 
 If you're anti-abortion and pro capital punishment, you are only arguing about the timing. 
 It requires less mental effort to condemn than to think. 
 It's hard to feel morally superior to a person who gets up earlier than you do. 
 Monsters exist, but they are too few in number to be truly dangerous; more dangerous are the common men, the functionaries ready to believe and to act without asking questions. 
I mostri esistono, ma sono troppo pochi per essere veramente pericolosi; sono più pericolosi gli uomini comuni, i funzionari pronti a credere e ad obbedire senza discutere.
 Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. 
 Morality is doing right, no matter what you are told; religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right. 
 Morality is the weakness of the mind. 
 Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. 
 No good deed goes unpunished. 
 None of us can boast about the morality of our ancestors; the records do not show that Adam and Eve were married. 
 Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy. 
 The Moral Majority is neither. 
 The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell. 
 Though I am not what I ought to be, nor what I wish to be, nor what I hope to be, I can truly say, I am not what I once was. 
 True morality makes fun of morality.