1477 quotes by
513 authors in
125 categories

Search for a word
or phrase:

Or choose an author or a topic:

topic author
Quotation Ring Homepage, including joining info Next site in the Quotation Ring A random Quotation Ring site View a list of all Quotation Ring sites Quotation Ring
My philosophy
like colour TV
is all there
in black and white
Monty Python

Quotes, Aphorisms, Laws, and Thoughts

66Friends99

Acquaintance: A person whom we know well enough to borrow from, but not well enough to lend to.
Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.
W.H. Auden (1907-1973)

Champagne for my sham friends; real pain for my real friends.
Francis Bacon (1909-1992)

Even the best of friends cannot attend each other's funeral.
Kehlog Albran

Friends are not necessarily the people you like best, they merely got there first.
Peter Ustinov (1921-2004)

Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.
Anonymous

I get my exercise acting as a pallbearer to my friends who exercise.
Chauncey Depew (1834-1928)

If you want to know who your friends are, get yourself a jail sentence.
Charles Bukowski (1920-1994)

It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
William Blake (1752-1827)

My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, And I Sure Do Miss Him
Anonymous

Never explain — your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyhow.
Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915)

Of all the people I know, you're one of them.
Anonymous

The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.
Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Section 30(1) of the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 allows "fair dealing" with a copyright work for the purpose of criticism or review, provided that it is accompanied by a sufficient acknowledgement.
Under the fair use doctrine of the U.S. copyright statute, it is permissible to use limited portions of a work including quotes, for purposes such as commentary, criticism, news reporting, and scholarly reports. There are no legal rules permitting the use of a specific number of words, a certain number of musical notes, or percentages of a work. Whether a particular use qualifies as fair use depends on all the circumstances. See Circular 21 and FL 102. (From the US Copyright Office FAQ.)