1477 quotes by
513 authors in
125 categories

Search for a word
or phrase:

Or choose an author or a topic:

topic author
Quotation Ring Homepage, including joining info Next site in the Quotation Ring A random Quotation Ring site View a list of all Quotation Ring sites Quotation Ring
My philosophy
like colour TV
is all there
in black and white
Monty Python

Quotes, Aphorisms, Laws, and Thoughts

66Faith99

As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.
Anonymous

Everybody has to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink.
W.C. Fields (1879-1946)

Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire.
Jean de La Fontaine (1621-1695)

Faith is the belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel.
Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

Faith is under the left nipple.
Martin Luther (1483-1546)

I believe in the Lord's Prayer or a bottle of Jack Daniel's; whatever gets you through the night.
Frank Sinatra (1915-1998)

People will believe anything if you whisper it.
Anonymous

Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
Richard Feynman (1918-1988)

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Those who don't believe in Gosh will go to Heck.
Anonymous

Section 30(1) of the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 allows "fair dealing" with a copyright work for the purpose of criticism or review, provided that it is accompanied by a sufficient acknowledgement.
Under the fair use doctrine of the U.S. copyright statute, it is permissible to use limited portions of a work including quotes, for purposes such as commentary, criticism, news reporting, and scholarly reports. There are no legal rules permitting the use of a specific number of words, a certain number of musical notes, or percentages of a work. Whether a particular use qualifies as fair use depends on all the circumstances. See Circular 21 and FL 102. (From the US Copyright Office FAQ.)